Sutton High News

The Student News Site of Sutton High School

Sutton High News

Sutton High News

Dear America: We Have Lost Our Quality of Life

What gets you out of bed in the morning? Are you happy? What gives our lives quality?
quality of life word structure
quality of life word structure

What is quality of life? Why do I need it?

The perfect balance of life is simply not attainable. You can’t have perfect health, society and government. You can’t have a perfect world. That is simply not how life is. 

I think that America has found a way of taking the easy route. Sometimes there is no passion or drive behind ethics anymore.

That is the reason I have chosen this “Dear America” piece to write. I feel as though people even at Sutton High School need to change and there needs to be an effort to make this change now.

Is this the balance of quality of life?

Starting with school, I think that people have lost any other sense of their lives. People wake up, go to school, do just barely enough to get by with work and go home unless they have a sport. Then they sleep and they get to do it all over again. One of the most important pieces of quality of life is happiness and sometimes besides the lack of luster or even a sport there is not a lot of happiness in living life like a zombie. 

There can be many different things that add quality to our lives. Four of the main pieces are: livability of the environment, life ability of the individual, external utility of life, and inner appreciation of life. 

In my opinion, I think quality of life adds up to being what makes you happy. If you make the choice every day to do something that you love, then at the end of the day, at least you have made an effort to do what is best for yourself. I wonder that if today was the last, would you feel complete in everything you have done? Would I?

Quality of life in communities web shows what makes us better

In some senses, there are people who think that technology has taken away from what we could be as a successful society. Where there are faults in what we could be, I think that not having phones would not change the amount of people that don’t fully live their lives.

Today’s lifestyle is a fast paced modern aspect where we are constantly moving on to the next bigger and better thing, and multiple responsibilities happen to fall through or be too much to handle. 

Societal expectations even add stress to our lives; however, I think that if you are leaning into this feeling too much then it takes over your life. Thus, you are not able to focus on the important and fun things. 

All of these aspects add up and can create a lasting effect on our lives. The real question is, do we have quality of life? If the answer is yes, great, but if it is no, what do you need to change? 

Do what you need to do to be happy and regain/increase the quality of your life.