Sutton High News

The Student News Site of Sutton High School

Sutton High News

Sutton High News

Streaming service costs are getting higher

Are they worth the cost?
Streaming+Services
Streaming Services

Streaming services are raising their prices, almost yearly now. These services became popular when cable prices started to rise. Streaming services offered people some of the movies and shows that you could get on cable, but at a cheaper price. This led more people to switch over to streaming rather than cable.

With the costs of living increasing in our nation, streaming services are now becoming rather expensive. Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Max, and many more have raised their prices exponentially. A Netflix basic plan with ads costs $6.99 a month and if you wanted to get rid of ads it costs more than double that, and adding an extra member slot would be an additional $7.99 a month.

The prices are getting raised for almost every streaming service now, and they are being raised almost yearly. Peacock is the cheapest streaming service with a monthly cost of $5.99 that is roughly $70 a year. The prices may only be getting raised by a few dollars, but it adds up over the years. Streaming services are making more payment plan options like basic, standard and premium.

Most streaming services have their premium streaming plan anywhere from $20 to $30 a month. Also, they have the yearly payment option which is a little bit cheaper than 12 months worth of individual monthly payments, but it is still pretty pricey. Even with the price increases of most streaming services, people still would rather them over cable TV because of the content available. Streaming services offer more personalized content and most services are way cheaper than cable TV that is why most people end up switching to streaming.

Are they worth it? Let us know in our poll.

This poll has ended.

Are the streaming services worth it?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.