Sutton High News

The Student News Site of Sutton High School

Sutton High News

Sutton High News

Things I Think

Some things that I think

I think that college sports are better than professional sports to watch–College athletes try a lot harder to win games and to get noticed to play professionally; they give everything they have every play. It makes the games more competitive and more fun to watch. 

I think that we should have half days on Wednesdays–half days on Wednesdays can offer great benefits for both students and teachers. Wednesday half days allow students to rest and recuperate, promoting mental health and helping with drowsiness. This break allows teachers to put time into planning and professional development, leading to more effective teaching and a good impact on student learning. Finally, half days on Wednesdays encourage a healthy work-life balance for teachers and students, fostering greater productivity and well-being. By implementing this schedule change, schools can create a better and more productive learning environment. 

I think that dogs are the best pets.

I think that football is the best sport to play and watch. 

I think that relying on coffee and energy drinks is a really bad thing for you.

I think that schools should be less focused on grades and more on learning the material.

People care too much about their social media followers and people care about who liked their recent social media posts and how many followers they have.

I think that Coke is better than Pepsi.

I think that Starbucks is way overpriced.Starbucks

I think that people shouldn’t care about celebrities’ lives as much. – People care a lot about celebrities’ lives like the Kardashians, where they really shouldn’t care as much. this sets unhealthy standards of what life should be like causing people to be sad when they don’t achieve their accomplishments.

I think pineapple shouldn’t go on Pizza.

I think that seafood is terrible.

I think vaping is just as bad as smoking cigarettes. Although vapes don’t have as many cancer-causing chemicals, they contain a higher concentration of nicotine which affects your mental health and is more addicting.

I think marijuana shouldn’t be legal–the legalization of marijuana is complex, and valid concerns about public health and safety are the main points of the argument against its legalization. Legalizing Marijuana could lead to increased use, especially among young people, and contribute to a range of health issues, including addiction and cognitive impairment. It also raises concerns about the potential for abuse and the lack of regulation. However, some people argue that legalizing marijuana creates challenges for law enforcement and public safety, making a compelling case for continued regulation and control.

I think that high school and college athletes shouldn’t be able to make NIL money.  The creation of financial compensation, often referred to as “NIL money,” for college and high school athletes has created widespread debate. Some argue that the current system exploits athletes by denying them the right to earn from their image and likeness. The system may also create economic inequality and undermine the well-being of students who dedicate significant time and effort to athletics. Additionally, the absence of monetary support fails to recognize the challenges athletes face in balancing academic and athletic responsibilities. Others argue that providing financial opportunities for these athletes is important for creating fair treatment within lower-level sports.

Christmas

I think Christmas is the best holiday.

I think that the punishment for drinking and driving should be much tougher. People get off too easy for drinking and driving with a first-time offense in MA being a $500 fine and mandatory alcohol education class. I feel that there should be mandatory jail time for DUI.

I think that everyone should be required to attend high school until they turn 18.

I think that college should be less money–the average college student is almost 40 thousand$ in debt when they graduate, leaving people stressed and sometimes unable to pay it off and forcing them to live in poverty. 

I think that everyone should play a high school sport–there is no other experience like high school sports with the bond that you make with your teammates and coaches are life long. You also learn valuable lessons that you carry with you for the rest of your life.