Sutton High News

The Student News Site of Sutton High School

Sutton High News

Sutton High News

Netflix Reviews

Grey’s Anatomy
Netflix+Reviews
https://abc.com/shows/greys-anatomy

For my first Netflix review, I’m looking at Grey’s Anatomy. Grey’s Anatomy has an average rating of 84% on the tomato-meter and 74% on the audience score. If you don’t know what the tomato-meter is, it represents the percentage of positive reviews from professional critics.

Now a little bit about the show. Grey’s Anatomy is a medical drama show about a girl named Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) who follows in her mother’s footsteps by interning at the hospital she used to work at; while there she finds friends, love, and family. Grey’s Anatomy has a total of 19 seasons with another one on its way, but Season 20 will be the first season where Meredith Grey is not featured as a series regular.

Shonda Rhimes, the creator of Grey’s Anatomy, has assured fans time and time again that they don’t plan on ending it anytime soon. Grey’s Anatomy is now the longest running prime-time medical drama in American TV history. I have watched the show from beginning to end and I really enjoy it.

In my opinion, it dying and getting boring from Season 14-18 but Season 19 really brought it back to life. All of the other seasons were all about the original characters and the real doctors, but Season 19 had all these new interns and it showed us their life and it focused on them for a change which I really enjoyed.

Grey’s Anatomy is available on Netflix if you have a subscription and is available on Prime Video, Apple TV and Vudu if you want to buy or rent it. I read many reviews and almost all of them were positive reviews, some were negative because they don’t like a certain character or they think the show is an insult to all nurses and doctors, but again most were positive.

This show has three spin-offs: Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy: B-team, and Station 19. Private Practice is my favorite spin off. It’s about a Grey’s Anatomy character Addison Montgomery (Kate Walsh)  leaving to go find herself after a love triangle with her former husband Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) and his best friend Mark Sloan (Eric Dane). Station 19 is a firefighter show placed in Seattle and is the second spin off of Grey’s.

The main character in Station 19 is a young woman named Andrea Herrera the daughter of the fire captain Pruitt Herrera, Andy’s dream is to become the next captain, following in her father’s footsteps. Grey’s Anatomy: B-Team is the third spin off and the least popular as the show was canceled after only six episodes. Some fun facts about the show: they changed the name of the series three times before picking Grey’s Anatomy.

They filmed some scenes in a real hospital in LA called The Sepulveda VA Medical Center. This series has an amazing cast and crew, one of the best I’ve ever seen, they all get along so well and have so much chemistry and their acting is incredible.

Now, after reading all of that, would you want to watch Grey’s Anatomy or possibly one of its spin offs?